Meet Your Guidance Counselor
Hi Everyone, I am Kassidy Harrington and I am from Anaheim, Ca. I am a graduate from Utah Valley University where I earned my BA in communication. While working towards my degree from 2014-2019 I became a mentor and volleyball coach in Long Beach, Ca for ages 10-17. Upon my graduation I was appointed an admissions advisor for Trident at American InterContinental University.
My personal goal as a counselor is to work with students, parents, and staff to ensure student academic success and prepare students to become respectful and contributing members of the community.
"SUCCESS IS A JOURNEY NOT A DESTINATION"
Tips for Success:
- Stay Organized: Organizing your binder, desk, etc. makes everything easier and will help get work done faster. Below is a checklist to print out at home to help stay organized.
- Practice Good Habits: Steven Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is a great source to read up on how students can be successful in life and in the classroom.
- Mamba Mentality: One of the greatest examples of success is the legendary Kobe Bryant. "Mamba Mentality is all about focusing on the process and trusting in the hard work when it matters most,"
"LEARNING TODAY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW"
Your Learning Style:
- Your Learning Style: Knowing what type of learner you are can help significantly in the classroom. Below is an at home checklist for parents to download and see what type of learner their child is.
"YOU SHOULD SET GOALS BEYOND YOUR REACH SO YOU ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR."
Preparing For High School:
College and Career Prep Information:
- Setting Goals & Exploring Options: Whether its going to college or diving into a career, planning for the future is one of the best ways to set goals and accomplish them. Below are links to resources related to the pursuit of post high school opportunities.
For More information & resources for at-home learning, stress management, and updates regarding COVID-19. Please refer to the CDC website. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.